Saturday, March 01, 2008

School

We haven't told a whole lot of people but we are coming out and telling everyone now. I have reapplied to go back to school. BYU-I to be exact. I have about a year and a half there and we decided to sell the house, move to Rexberg and finish up. I have been excepted and we are putting the house on the market the first of April. I know what you are all saying. "They let you (Dave) in?!?" I know, I know!! They really must have lowered their standards. If the house doesn't sell then I will get started in school over here and will have to work part time. Which I really don't want to do. Don't get me wrong, I love the money that roofing provides. I am just getting tired of babysitting 21-26 year old return missionaries and 19 year old premies. You would think that after serving a mission they would be like. "Oh, I like money.....and I know how to work and I am going to work hard and make money and not give Dave any problems." Well that is not the case. I could probably fill a book of my complaints but I won't. But I am going to go and be a troubled youth counselor if everything goes right, then possibly a therapist. That is where I was heading before I met Bethany. So that is the update.

11 Comments:

At 8:28 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Dave, I think that is AWESOME! Good for you. I wish you both VERY well in your endeavors. I have a lot of family in the Rexburg/BYU-I area. I am amazed at your bravery! Now you will be closer for a visit!

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

You have made such a huge life decision and I applaude you for following your dreams no matter what! Good luck to you in selling your house, we are in the same boat right now. Everything will work out right!

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Will Thomas said...

Congrats on getting accepted Dave! Did you register under a different name or something? Maybe they don't keep records for more than 5 years so they didn't know it was you. I'm just teasing, since we were there at the same time and I've heard all your stories.

Maybe you'll be able to provide therapy to all these RM's & Premies with their issues.

Get a hold of me if you have any questions about putting your house on the market. I'm a licenced RE agent up here in Washington and have access to everything. I'd be happy to do some research if you're needing some 2nd opinions or don't trust your current agent.

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Cograts Dave, James said good luck. You'll do great. You need to come visit before you guys go.....or I guess we could be unselfish and come visit you guys!

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, that's outstanding and we are happy to hear you were accepted. Now we have a place in Rexburg to send Darci when she goes there. :) Just kidding. We love you guys and we are sure that you will accomplish your goals. Take care and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you guys out. Love ya'll, Ross and family

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger MaryRuth said...

THAT IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger The Shepro's said...

Yay for Dave and Bethany. A new adventure. I hope everything works out perfectly for you. Hope you are also feeling well. Miss you guys TONS...know your super busy...call me when you get a chance Beth. Robyn

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger Shonda said...

ROCK ON!!!!

The more trades & profesions, the better!

Congratualtions on the big decision, too. Good luck selling the house. Things are picking up this spring season, so it could work out perfectly!

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Alli said...

You'd rather work with troubled youth than RM's - that says a lot...Good luck in school - it will be worth it.

 
At 7:59 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Sounds like working with those pre and returned missionaries could be considered job training...good luck selling the house!

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Russell Fisher said...

Congratulations Dave. Don't get strep again, it just doesn't work out. We'll have to trek up there and see you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home