Been A While
A lot has happened. It has been a nice little break. I told Bethany that my new years resolution will be for her.....TO BLOG!!! That is one reason that I haven't been on for a little while. I told her that I wasn't going to until she did. So here I am on this thing trying to play catch up.
Christmas: My folks came up last second to spend Christmas with us. Which was so nice. Bethany had 7 day stretch of work with only Christmas Eve off and to top it off I had to go to the hospital and was there from the 23rd-24th. They wanted to keep me there through Christmas but Bethany went in and pulled some strings. But after a lot of poking and prodding and a bazillion tests I ended up with the diagnosis of Crohns Disease. Which causes inflammation in the digestive system, mostly targeting the small intestine. Lately I have been going to a lot of doctors appointments and am restricted to what I can eat. Other than that I feel pretty good, with a couple other side affects of Crohns that I'm not going to discuss. Unless you all really want to know. But Christmas was really fun. I played a lot of Guitar Hero with my brother and we played the card game 13 every night with the whole family. The girls really had fun opening their presents. It was just nice to have family here to keep us company. So thank you Family if you are reading. You made my Christmas. That was my favorite gift. Second was taking care of the girls while I was in the hospital. Love you guys.
New Years: We had a family over that I know from work. We had dinner and got the kids comfortable downstairs watch some movies and then we played Ticket to Ride. It is a very fun board game. We snacked and chit-chatted while we played and then after Bethany smoked us we celebrated at 10:30 with some fireworks that I saved from the fourth. The kids were able to watch from the window cause it was like 12 degrees outside. Good times......good times.
Lately: Mostly just trying to catch up on all the sleep that we didn't get over Christmas and New Years. Working hard and visiting the doctor. We have some pictures but I don't want to load them in the computer. I will do it later. Sorry we didn't send any Christmas cards this year. Thank you to those who did, we loved hearing from everyone. It just crept up on us this year.
Here is a goofy picture of Taylar that you can enjoy till I load the others.


9 Comments:
I have heard of the side effects of Crohns. Poor Bethany. But I am glad you figured out what the problem was, and that you had a good Christmas. Thanks for updating. We really miss you guys, and we also play ticket to ride. Too bad we couldn't all play it together.
Glad to hear that you all had a great Christmas and New Year's. I realize Charlene and Bethany have talked a lot on the phone, I just wanted you to know I look at your blog every couple of days. Sorry to hear about the Crohns; we keep you guys and the rest of the family in our prayers and I'm sure now that you have a diagnosis, you can take the necessary steps to lessen it's impact. I DON'T know the other side affects but it sounds personal, so you don't have to go into any further detail. We love you guys, take care and we'll chat again later.
Bethany, you better get to posting again, thank goodness your fabulous husband keeps it up! I'll have to add you to my links so I can check up on your gorgeous family more often. Miss you too!
Soooo you didn't get the flu with the family, instead you got Crohns disease!?! We are so sorry to hear about that and we hope you are feeling a little better! Good luck with Bethany posting, I am still trying to get Brandon to do his share. I guess I will have to bribe him with the TV Remote. . . that will probably do the trick! We miss you guys and hope you're doing better! Take Care!
Hi guys! I'm glad you are doing better, David. Good thing the family came for Christmas. Take care. Hope to see you soon.
Bethany Posting?? YAY
Crohns Disease... BOO
Board Games & Sleep... YAY
Dave, my brother Will Thomas directed me to you. Sorry about the Crohns stuff. Kinda stinks doesn't it. I was diagnosed with it about a year ago after some really uncomfortable surgeries. I would really be interested in talking to you sometime. dthomas@riversidehome.com
What a blessing it was for your parents to come! We played Guitar Hero at a party on New Years Eve and what a blast it is. By the end of the night I felt like I could go on tour ;-) It is so much fun!!
So...Bethany might be posting this year...??? Sweet. Well, at least Dave keeps us up to date. Happy New year!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home