Coupons
So.....Bethany got home from church. I was sick. (I have been having an allergic reaction to the medications I have been taking, which I might get into later, or maybe not.) She told me Tuesday night there was going to be a class on how to cut your grocery bill in half. I was like, "Oh, we should go to it!" Well I got the kids ready cause this is a stake activity and they have babysitting and I get in the parking lot and it is one lady after another, after another, going into the church! I am thinking this is a releif society function at this point and I am like, "I am not going in there. There are no dudes and I am going to be the only guy." So I get on the phone and I call and guess what? It IS a releif society function!!! So I am sitting in the car and I am like, "I can just man up and go in and learn or........ not." So I go in and I am the only man in almost the whole building besides scouts. I go and drop off the kids and sit in and I don't think that I have ever been smiled at that much in all my life. But it was really good. The lady just said that you keep a coupon notebook and keep track of the sales in that notebook and she said that every 3 months there is a patern when the food that you always buy anyway will be on sale. You just need to know when that sale is and buy enough to last till it goes on sale again in 3 months. She was telling us of deals that she gets all the time. It was crazy! But she was asked how many times does she go shopping cause it sounded like a lot but she said once a week. And she said when you first start with the coupons you will spend about an hour a week figuring it all out. But after a couple months she said that you can take 20 minuets a week and you will have everything you need for your shopping. I thought that it was very informative. I think that I am going to have to try and give it a shot. I think Bethany won't do it, mostly cause she doesn't even blog and I just want to say something about her anyway cause she won't read this. Now ladies....don't tell your husbands about this and fellas who read this....I still like guns, hunting, fishing, blood and knives.....lets just keep it on the down low. OK? If anybody wants any more information about what I learned just email me and I will see if I can help you out.
dmadden509@msn.com


6 Comments:
Dave, that is hilarious that you went to this Relief Society function! But I am sure you were welcome, just as anyone else would be.
:) this is great that you did go in even though it was all ladies. Good for you! It is ok for a Man to be interested in Coupons! Wish that Bryan was more so, I have tried to do the coupon thing and signed up for a site on the internet that would send me updates each week on the sales going on and witch coupons to use, but it just got to be to much for me, and sometimes the coupons they listed to use I never got out of the sunday paper.
Anyway, good luck and I would love to read about how it is working out in the future months.
Hey Dave, maybe you could join the R/S book club too.
Dave you rock! It takes a manly man to do that. I also think it is great you are keeping up with the blogging. We love the updates. Take care.
Wow, David! I'm really proud of you for being man enough to lay aside your pride and stick it out with all those women!!! I actually watched a good segment about this on some money show - it looked really good. So I'll have to get the scoop from you after you check it out and see if it works!
We're coming for Easter weekend. Jeff's going to help Dan put in the central vac downstairs. We'll see you then. (unless you come down here and we pass on the highway!)
Love you guys!
Bethany, do you know how cute your husband is? Shame on you for not blogging....but Dave is doing a good job. Thanks for the tips. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home