The Missing Tooth
About a month ago when everyone was sick and I wasn't. I went to church and I told Bethany if she needs anything that I am going to take the cell phone. Right before Church even started I get a call and she tells me that Jordynns tooth fell out. I was like, "how did it just fall out?" She said for me to just get home and when I got home the investigation began. Bethany was getting in the shower when it happened and so she said that she didn't know anything other than Jordynn was screaming and bloody and Taylar was hiding. So I started talking to Taylar and trying to find out. She was just making stuff cause her story kept changing when I asked questions. Then after I really didn't get anywhere I went to go and see how Jordynn was doing and I asked her what happened and she said Taylar pushed her. Then I go back to Taylar and she told me that Jordynn had some bubble wrap and that she wanted it and pushed her. Jordynn fell on her face on the carpet and it forced her tooth right out of her gums. The dentist the next day said that she had a lot of tissue damage but time will tell how well it heals and if she will lose her other tooth. 50/50 chance they said. So Jordynn will not have a tooth there for another 4 to 5 years. I call her my little Jackie Lantern. She will respond by saying, "I'm not Jackie, I'm Jordynn."




The photos of Jordynn crying were right after her nap and didn't want a picture taken.


6 Comments:
Oh, kids and their teeth. I lost my two front teeth when I was 8. I had just gotten my permanent ones in and I was skateboarding and knocked them out. I have had fake ones ever since. At least she still has her permanent ones coming in a few years!
poor thing. i am sorry to read that this happened, and how scary for bethany to come out and find this. I would have freaked out. I am glad you had your cell phone on you so that she could call you.
We have had bad luck with teeth, so you are not alone. BOTH of my kids have a chipped front tooth. Mackenzie's is grey. One time, Caleb and Mackenzie were fighting and turned a shopping cart over onto the concrete on its side. It was lovely. I left Goodwill crying hysterically with Caleb a bloody papertowel over Caleb's mouth. Make friends with a really good dentist....:)
Sorry to hear about the knocked-out tooth, however that is part of life. Kids and losing teeth is a natural thing even when it's the big sibling forcing it out. The good thing is that the permanent tooth will eventually come in. The only issue that we had to deal with is because it will take some time, the other teeth will move to where there is less resistance resulting in the need for "braces". We've had to deal with this exact scenario with Thomas and Jacob. Both of them lost teeth really early and now they need braces. Thomas should have his now, we just haven't taken him to an orthodontist here in Colorado. Well, I hope you guys have a better and more safe week. Take care and we'll chat with ya'll later.
These pictures just broke my heart. She looks so sad! Good thing you had your cell phone. Any time I try to take a shower something like this happens. That's why I only shower once a month :). J/K I usually lock one in the bathroom with me so they don't get into too much trouble.
Poor girl and I bet Taylar feels really bad. I am seriously surprised that Cameron hasn't had this happen to him!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home