Thursday, April 17, 2008

Landscape Disaster

We have been spending some time outside (while the weather has been nice) getting our house ready and looking nice. I thought that I did a really good job buying trees, bushes and flowers. I woke up this morning and all the flowers were gone, half the bushes were eaten, and all the leaves off of the tree gone too. I think the total dollar amount that the deer have eaten and destroyed is around 400 dollars. It actually makes me really mad. So mad that I am blogging about it. Almost mad enough to go out there and start shooting every deer I see. I just can't take it anymore. I have tried spraying stuff on the trees and bushes and they still end up eating it anyway. I have really tried everything. From shooting them with my paintball gun, running outside to scare them away, different sprays, putting your hair around where they have been eating. These deer are afraid of nothing. And they are starting to cost me a fortune. Very small fortune but I would have rather put that money to another gun or food for us or anything.

8 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

Sorry about the deer eating everything. But they're so cute...just kidding Dave! I don't have any helpful suggestions.

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Oh Dave, that REALLY stinks!!!! I say no landscaping is good landscaping.

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Jenni said...

Hey this is Will's wife. I read your blog about the deer problem and had to laugh. My parents had this problem big time and my dad would sit out on the porch with his shotgun. No joke. not sure he ever actually shot a deer but he got several bunnies. (don't tell your daughters).

It would be a pain but you could always put up a deer fence - basically chicken wire but super duper tall.

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETHANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Marie said...

How frustrating! So now you have a good reason to get your house sold - the deer will be someone else's problem!

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger Robert W. said...

Those darn dear! Make some jerky out of them!

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

update your blog already dave!

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Alli said...

I came to the conclusion that nice yards are overrated. I wage a constant war against dandelions, and I'll mow when the crabgrass gets too noticeable, but beyond that, it's too much to keep up with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home