Friday, January 02, 2009

Academic Probation

No I am not on it. I just got off of it from 10 years ago. It has been a pain in my butt ever since I decided to go back to school. I almost didn't get in and then after fighting to get in they said that I was not eligible for financial aid after I jumped through all the hoops to fill out the appeal to receive it. I had never had to do so much paper work in my whole life just to go to school. But after my first semester I ended up with a 3.58 GPA. I really started enjoying my classes and now I get to start all over again on the 7th. I have to take a couple freshman classes this semester and I think it is going to be a hoot. I love telling them that I am 30 and have been married for 6 years and have 2 and a half kids. There face is priceless.

6 Comments:

At 6:19 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Good luck with all the freshies next semester. And congratulations getting off academic probation.

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Ray said...

You are my hero Dave. I miss you. So, you are the 30 year old freshman, eh? Check out my blog at rayriggin.blogspot.com and put me on your link list. Tell me what you think of it.

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Britt Riggin said...

whatever dude!!! get good grades!! lol how are ya?

 
At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry that one that said its from britt is from me lol she was signed in on my computer. how goes it?

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Dot said...

Have fun with the Freshman! I can only imagine the reactions you must get when you tell them your age, and how many kids you have. LOL.

 
At 7:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of all the wisdom you can impart to those ignorant freshman. Good luck with school. Sorry we missed you during Christmas, we'll be up again sometime soon.

-Tim L

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home