Monday, December 01, 2008

Party Pooper

So for a month or so all the girls at work who read Twilight and loved it were planning to go see it on opening night- and of course I was in! I worked a 12 hour shift then I met them all at the movies. I was so stinking excited... They had issues with getting the reels working so we were all on pins and needles ... there were girls in front of us who started chanting Edward! Edward! Edward! it was pretty funny. Finally the movie started and I loved at once how they portrayed Charlie and Bellas relationship- But I have to say when it was all done I wanted to be fun and
say it was just awesome but I couldnt so I felt like a huge party pooper. I have to say that they just mangled Jaspers character - he just mostly looked psychotic for the major part of the movie - he is suppose to be a charming soldier from the South
yes hes having issues with the vampires style of vegetarianism and should be standoffish- but they made him look like a frizzy weirdo. And Rosalie - they got her personality right on but she did not look right for the part either. I guess it would be hard to find the extraordinary alluring characters to fit the part the way they are described in the books with musical voices and everything. And Edward... Poor Edward just slumped over almost the whole movie - a startling lack of confidence- perhaps its because he doesnt want to be the monster but come on! However the last fight scene I thought they did very well except for the lack of true vampire teeth. The meadow scene was very sad- and cheesy I must say- which was hard because I liked that part in the book. I will say that perhaps I would like it more after some sleep - Or if David came with me cause things always seem more funny with him. I hate being a party pooper its so not fun. I'll have to watch it again and hope it will grow on me.

5 Comments:

At 8:25 PM , Blogger MaryRuth said...

I agree!! I didn't like it. I want to go see it and give it another chance!!

Congrats on baby #3

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Josh n Betsie said...

You said it exactly right. That is just how I felt and so did my SIL and MIL! It seemed like so much was missing.

 
At 11:17 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

I totally liked it better the second time. It's by no way an award winning film, but I found it entertaining. I think the next one will be alot better. More money too.

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger Uberly Ewe said...

Hmmmm. several people didn't like it. I am going with my book club this coming tuesday. I will be prepaired.

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Marie said...

I thought it was alright. Megan liked it better the 2nd time and even better the 3rd!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home