Single Parent Vacation (is there such a thing?)
While David was on his fishing trip I was able to go to Oregon and see all the family... the Maddens and the Starks. It was so much fun to see everyone. However I will say that I underestimated how hard it was going to be to fly with two kids. As long as I fed them they were just fine. Thankfully it was a short 50 min plane ride. getting them on and off the plane is a whole different story... suffice it to say I thought they did rather well for a 2 year old and a 9 mo old standard. I only felt like crying a few times. I was so happy to see mom and dad Madden when we got off the plane. I take for granted that there are two of us to help with things - things that seem minor until there is only one person to do it all. We visited Cornvalley and Filthymouth as David calls it first. As you can see below we went to the beach- the first thing Jordynn did when we hit the sand was grab a handful and shove it in her mouth. I tryed hard for a while to keep her from eating it then I figured shes just going to poop it out anyway, it was so fun to watch her experience something new. As for Taylar she just ran straight for the water. She did have clothes on at one point- but she has gotten into this habit of stripping ever since potty training began. So there are some nakee shots below. It was wonderful to see the fam... Then we were off to Portland again to spend time with the maddens. What a relaxing end to our Vacation- It was laid back fun and just what I needed and the girls got to know all their aunts and uncles again- we went on walks played in the rain,had a BBQ, chased oreo (Taylars favorite dog) around the yard. I even got a night off which was sorely needed - Grandma watched the kids and I went to dinner with davids sister Eileen and Brandon who are getting married in August hooray for them!!! It was a wonderful trip - though next time I think I'll take David along.
Oh the inhibitions of youth
"Whoohoo all this sand could keep my tummy full forever"
"I want to be just like my aunt Lynda"
My nakee girl
Tami rinsed the sand from Jordynn's face and she was mad and plungged face first back into it... mean mom that I am I had to get a picture of it before I washed her off. She was not a happy camper!


2 Comments:
Those are the cutest pictures EVER! I totally understand about the single parent thing. And I only have one kid, but one day I went to church without Jared (he wa sick), and it was really hard, so I bet two kids was harder. Good for you for making it through.
I totally agree that being a single parent has got to be the hardest job. Bryan works most Sundays and I have a calling in Primary, so you can just picture the fun that I have. Now that Spencer is walking he does not sit on my lap for very long. I spend most of church in the hall ways following him around. I can't wait tell he can go to nursery.
As for flying....I few with Spencer alone when he was 7 months old and he did great. Getting off and on the plane and going through the check points with the stroller was a whole different story! It was HELL!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home