Killer
This weekend has been Bethany's weekend to work. Today (Sunday) I got the kids ready and took them to church. We were moved to a new building and so we can't walk to our church anymore we have to drive 4 miles. On the way, a white cat runs out in front of me and I hit the brakes, say the only one word I always say in those type of situations, and tag this cat. I wouldn't say that I am a cat hater, but I sure don't love them. Taylar is like..." Oh no! What did you do?" I thought I was busted for say a bad word but then realized that she meant, "What did you hit?" I probably should have told her nothing and made her mad at me for saying a bad word, because when I told her I hit a cat she was so mad at me. It was the longest 3 miles I have ever driven. I was trying to tell her that I had no choice and I even tried to stop but she wouldn't have it. Mostly because of my behavior towards the cat that was left here by the previous home owners. I wasn't nice to it. Taylar is quicker to forgive than to forget. Although today I didn't think she would.


2 Comments:
When Ryan and I were married about 1 year we stayed with his grandma for a little while. We all went to church together, and on the way one sunday she hit a squirrel and didn't even notice. on the way home from church she saw it and said,"oh, somebody hit a squirrel!". We just about died laughing.
Taylar's hilarious.
Sorry to hear about the cat. Give her time and as always, she will forgive you; forget, probably never. This will make for some story-telling when the girls are older and have families of their own. Then, if it ever happens to them, they will realize the truth in your words when you said you couldn't avoid it. Take care and drop us a line when you get the chance.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home